200 HR Yoga Teacher Training January 26th - July 14th
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training brought to you in partnership with John’s Creek Yoga.
With Course Leaders trained in numerous yoga methodologies and experienced in teaching all types of classes, you will gain the tools to find your own voice and your own unique way of sharing the beautiful and ancient practice of Yoga.
Upon Graduation, students will have completed all course work necessary to register as RYT200 with the National Yoga Alliance.
For more information and to apply visit http://johnscreekyoga.com/ytt200/
6 Week Beginner Series Starting Jan 6th
In this 6 week series, Sarah will introduce you to the basics of a yoga practice with modifications made as needed to accommodate your body’s needs. By the end of the series, you will be able to take your new yoga knowledge and begin a home practice, or venture out into the greater yoga community. Sarah strives to provide a safe environment for beginners to feel welcome; all that is required is that you show up ready to try something new, and smile. This series is appropriate for someone with little to no physical or athletic background. You are never too tight, too old, or too weak to begin.
Our beginner series is designed for those who have never done yoga before or beginner yogis looking to deepen their knowledge and skill.
- Dates: Jan 6th through Feb 10th
- Week 1: Brief Overview of the Origins, Meaning, and Purpose of Yoga, Intro to Pranayama (breath), How to find a Comfortable Seat, Child’s Pose, Cat/Cow
- Week 2: Mountain Pose, Forward Folds, Downward Facing Dog Pose, Intro to Props
- Week 3: Basic Sun Salutation, Intro Ujjayi Breath, Seated Asanas and Twists
- Week 4: Sun Salutation A, Exploring Chaturanga Dandasana, Warrior Asanas
- Week 5: Common Standing and Balance Asanas, Intro to Vinyasa Flow
- Week 6: Integrate everything we’ve learned into a Full Flow Practice
$160 for 6 week series
Enrollment in the Series also Includes:
- Free Mat Rental during the program
- 10% Mats and Retail during the program
- 10% off Class Packages and Memberships purchased (Must be purchased by the last day of the series)
Kids Yoga - 6 Week Series Ages 8 - 12Yoga is, at its core, intentional movement. This can bring peace to your mind, strength to your body and also: it’s really fun! This 6 week course will be intended to safely strengthen young minds and bodies by building each week on poses learned and practicing how to be mindful during those movements. The first few minutes each day will be spent discussing a foundational concept, then the students will move through a warm up, a simple flow, a cool down. At the end of class we’ll play some yoga games! Each week, the instructor will send the students home with a little worksheet to do with their parents so that the learning can continue at home.Series is for children ages 8-12 years old.Mondays from 4:45 – 5:45pm. January 7th – February 11th$80 for the series, add a sibling for $65Drop In $16 per child*email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to add a sibling
Studio Updates & Announcements